Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New Years' Food Resolutions

February has already begun but I am still pondering on my New Years' food resolutions:

1. Eat less, but eat better.
2. Eat even less meat.

Both apply to my getting more conscious of what I put in my mouth - more conscious of where it has come from and whether it/the environment has suffered unnecessarily for it to get there.

As for the meat part - I'm trying to spread the word in my own little way about the reality of meat consumption and the effect it has on the environment. Don't get me wrong, I've thought over the possibility of going completely vegetarian several times and I've come to the (present) conclusion that I still enjoy too many n0n-veg dishes to completely give it up completely. Yet it is alarming how much energy is spent on meat production alone, not to mention the energy that is spent on the disposal of animal waste.

I kindly ask, before you bite into your next burger - think about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment